This is what it must be like to have writers block, or at the very least, this may be my first case of it.
I can't count how many times in the last months that I've wanted to sit down and write endlessly about whatever topic was floating around in my head. This of course was usually at a very inconvenient time, usually when I was sitting in my veal fattening pen rotting away in front of a computer screen. I always had great quotes that I conjured up, snarky comments about political figures, insightful observations about whatever was making the world turn.
Now I'm sitting here with a beautiful sunny afternoon with some time to write and I'm sitting here writing about writing. Er, not writing actually.
The most frustration part is that I'm trying to recapture the spirit of the first blog I attempted to write a few moments ago, which had a much more organic and cheerful flow to it. As I went to post the blog my computer froze up, sending all of my words into a chasm from which they would never return. I thought I had copy and pasted everything into my head as I waited impatiently for my computer to boot back up, but such is not the case. It turned out very different than what was intended to be posted, and now I actually have somewhat of a direction even though I didn't feel like commenting about my laptop crashing.
It's a start.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment